Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how to replace old canister ceiling light fixtures

Hi, Just moved into a 23 year old condo that has NO access to the
wireing above the ceiling. If it wasn't installed 23 years ago during
construction, then the owner has to work with what is ther.

Most of my overhead lights (cannister ones) have burned out. I
removed the old spots which ere different sizes and certainly are not
Energy Efficient. Can I screw in the new energy efficient
flourescents if they will not stick out over the lip? Does anyone
have any other ideas? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Typically, open recessed fixtures use reflector floods. You can buy CF lamps
made to resemble reflector floods in R-30 and R-40 sizes.

" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi, Just moved into a 23 year old condo that has NO access to the
wireing above the ceiling. If it wasn't installed 23 years ago during
construction, then the owner has to work with what is ther.

Most of my overhead lights (cannister ones) have burned out. I
removed the old spots which ere different sizes and certainly are not
Energy Efficient. Can I screw in the new energy efficient
flourescents if they will not stick out over the lip? Does anyone
have any other ideas? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 14:04:24 -0000, "
wrote:

Hi, Just moved into a 23 year old condo that has NO access to the
wireing above the ceiling. If it wasn't installed 23 years ago during
construction, then the owner has to work with what is ther.

Most of my overhead lights (cannister ones) have burned out. I
removed the old spots which ere different sizes and certainly are not
Energy Efficient. Can I screw in the new energy efficient
flourescents if they will not stick out over the lip? Does anyone
have any other ideas? Thanks.

I have cfl's in some of my recessed lights. When I did it, I only
used them on NON-dimmer controled cans. There are dimmable ones, but
they are expensive for me.

tom @ www.BlankHelp.com

Suspended Ceiling and fixtures within [email protected] Home Repair 5 March 15th 07 12:49 AM
new ceiling insulation around canister lights ? tr Home Repair 4 December 24th 06 09:59 AM
cutting accurate canister light holes in celing TimR Home Repair 3 October 28th 06 02:02 AM
light fixtures zara Home Repair 0 May 5th 06 12:04 AM
Extending electrical box on ceiling fixtures?? Ray Home Repair 3 November 23rd 03 01:50 AM