DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   how to replace old canister ceiling light fixtures (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/202686-how-replace-old-canister-ceiling-light-fixtures.html)

[email protected] June 3rd 07 03:04 PM

how to replace old canister ceiling light fixtures

Hi, Just moved into a 23 year old condo that has NO access to the
wireing above the ceiling. If it wasn't installed 23 years ago during
construction, then the owner has to work with what is ther.

Most of my overhead lights (cannister ones) have burned out. I
removed the old spots which ere different sizes and certainly are not
Energy Efficient. Can I screw in the new energy efficient
flourescents if they will not stick out over the lip? Does anyone
have any other ideas? Thanks.

RBM June 3rd 07 04:08 PM

how to replace old canister ceiling light fixtures

Typically, open recessed fixtures use reflector floods. You can buy CF lamps
made to resemble reflector floods in R-30 and R-40 sizes.

ps.com...

Just Joshin June 4th 07 11:27 PM

how to replace old canister ceiling light fixtures

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 14:04:24 -0000, "
wrote:

Hi, Just moved into a 23 year old condo that has NO access to the
wireing above the ceiling. If it wasn't installed 23 years ago during
construction, then the owner has to work with what is ther.

Most of my overhead lights (cannister ones) have burned out. I
removed the old spots which ere different sizes and certainly are not
Energy Efficient. Can I screw in the new energy efficient
flourescents if they will not stick out over the lip? Does anyone
have any other ideas? Thanks.

I have cfl's in some of my recessed lights. When I did it, I only
used them on NON-dimmer controled cans. There are dimmable ones, but
they are expensive for me.

tom @ www.BlankHelp.com