Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sprinkler head leak

I replaced one of my sprinkler head and my problem is that water
constantly leaks from the head even when it is not spraying. I tried
cleaning around the threads, etc and screw it back on but the leak
does not stop. Is it a faulty head, or something I am doing wrong?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 1, 3:28 pm, wrote:
I replaced one of my sprinkler head and my problem is that water
constantly leaks from the head even when it is not spraying. I tried
cleaning around the threads, etc and screw it back on but the leak
does not stop. Is it a faulty head, or something I am doing wrong?

Depends where it's leaking from. If it's the thread/nipple
connection, use some Teflon tape and see if it fixes it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 23:10:31 -0700, RicodJour
wrote:

On Jun 1, 3:28 pm, wrote:
I replaced one of my sprinkler head and my problem is that water
constantly leaks from the head even when it is not spraying. I tried
cleaning around the threads, etc and screw it back on but the leak
does not stop. Is it a faulty head, or something I am doing wrong?

Depends where it's leaking from. If it's the thread/nipple
connection, use some Teflon tape and see if it fixes it.

I'm talking lawn system here, but if the zone control valve turns off
the zone should not constantly have water for a leak...

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Jun 1, 3:28 pm, wrote:
I replaced one of my sprinkler head and my problem is that water
constantly leaks from the head even when it is not spraying. I tried
cleaning around the threads, etc and screw it back on but the leak
does not stop. Is it a faulty head, or something I am doing wrong?

Depends where it's leaking from. If it's the thread/nipple
connection, use some Teflon tape and see if it fixes it.

I'm talking lawn system here, but if the zone control valve turns off
the zone should not constantly have water for a leak...

--
Oren

Sounds like the control valve is leaking. I have had be as simple as
a grain of sand stuck in the diaphram of the control valve. But a
good idea to have a repair kit available anyway. Simple to replace if
the valve is easily accessible.