Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Sprinkler head leak

wrote:
I replaced one of my sprinkler head and my problem is that water
constantly leaks from the head even when it is not spraying. I tried
cleaning around the threads, etc and screw it back on but the leak
does not stop. Is it a faulty head, or something I am doing wrong?

Two possibilities that I can think of - the head in question is the last
one on the zone, downhill from others, and water drains from the pipe
after it is shut off. o/w, I'm trying to remember...dirt in the
solenoid in the valve, or just a bad solenoid? So long ago, hard to
remember, and I was just the helper holding tools whilst hubby was down
in the hole )