Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Above ground pool disaster

On May 27, 11:19 pm, "heymikey" wrote:
Hi-

I have a 6 year-old Outback 24' round pool. This winter, it sprung a

leak and was totally empty when I uncovered it this spring. I patched the
holes

and tried filling the pool, but when it reached about a foot deep, the liner

started tearing around the top on one side of the pool. I figured the bottom
of

the pool was somehow off-center, putting more stress on one side of the
liner. I

pulled all the plastic locking bead off and carefully nudged the liner to
where

I think it is centered. I re-secured the liner with the bead using the
original

marks as a guide. This time (during filling), the metal walls started
collapsing in several areas

around the pool. I released the bead and liner, and the liner ended up well

below the top edge of the metal wall.

What is the proper procedure for installing an above-ground liner, and,

is it possible the liner would have shrunk to the point it won't reach the
top

edge of the pool properly?

Thanks for reading and for any replies!!

heymikey

we have the pool guys do one, whether it's a new above ground pool for
$999 up plus labor, or just the liner plus labor, they do it right.
it's summer, you buy the best gauge/thickness warranty liner and the
pool to go with it, and get on the installation list before your
family kills you on the first hot day you don't drive them to a
beach.