Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Above ground pool disaster

Hi-

I have a 6 year-old Outback 24' round pool. This winter, it sprung a

leak and was totally empty when I uncovered it this spring. I patched the
holes

and tried filling the pool, but when it reached about a foot deep, the liner

started tearing around the top on one side of the pool. I figured the bottom
of

the pool was somehow off-center, putting more stress on one side of the
liner. I

pulled all the plastic locking bead off and carefully nudged the liner to
where

I think it is centered. I re-secured the liner with the bead using the
original

marks as a guide. This time (during filling), the metal walls started
collapsing in several areas

around the pool. I released the bead and liner, and the liner ended up well

below the top edge of the metal wall.

What is the proper procedure for installing an above-ground liner, and,

is it possible the liner would have shrunk to the point it won't reach the
top

edge of the pool properly?

Thanks for reading and for any replies!!

heymikey

Posted to alt.home.repair

"heymikey" writes:

Hi-

I have a 6 year-old Outback 24' round pool. This winter, it sprung a
leak and was totally empty when I uncovered it this spring. I
patched the holes and tried filling the pool, but when it reached
about a foot deep, the liner started tearing around the top on one
side of the pool. I figured the bottom of the pool was somehow
off-center, putting more stress on one side of the liner. I pulled
all the plastic locking bead off and carefully nudged the liner to
where I think it is centered. I re-secured the liner with the bead
using the original marks as a guide. This time (during filling), the
metal walls started collapsing in several areas around the pool. I
released the bead and liner, and the liner ended up well below the
top edge of the metal wall.

Gee, I have the same empty pool problem,
hope my repairs go better than yours.

What is the proper procedure for installing an above-ground liner,
and, is it possible the liner would have shrunk to the point it
won't reach the top edge of the pool properly?

Most likely you didn't smooth it or secure it properly
or you knock a wall section lose.

Sounds like you need new wall sections and a new liner.