Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Lucy

Default Above ground pool help

Hi,
I asked this before, a while back.. fall I think, and didnt get a response,
so here goes..
What is the best way to 'winterize' an above ground pool? I did what the
store where I got it recommended, which was to leave the pump running all
winter. Well, the water is green tinged now, and the water test showed it
needed chemicals which I added, which means the liner is green. ugh. I
really dont want to have to drain and refill it, as it is big. 12x24.
Anyone have any tips, ideas on how to get it clean now, or any ideas on how
to prevent this next winter?
Thanks in advance,
lucy

KLS

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:32:33 GMT, "Lucy" wrote:

Hi,
I asked this before, a while back.. fall I think, and didnt get a response,
so here goes..
What is the best way to 'winterize' an above ground pool? I did what the
store where I got it recommended, which was to leave the pump running all
winter. Well, the water is green tinged now, and the water test showed it
needed chemicals which I added, which means the liner is green. ugh. I
really dont want to have to drain and refill it, as it is big. 12x24.
Anyone have any tips, ideas on how to get it clean now, or any ideas on how
to prevent this next winter?

Your pool place has not one clue, unfortunately.

Try reading up on the Internet: here's one good site to look at:

http://www.poolandspa.com/page107.htm

Also see if you can find your pool manufacturer's website, which
should have similar instructions specifically for your pool. I used
to have a house with a pool like this, and the procedure we followed
was almost exactly the same as the one in the link above. Good luck;
don't waste your energy running that pump.