Posted to alt.home.repair
nr nr is offline

Default Ryobi Tools Web Site

I've been trying to get to www.ryobitools.com to register my new saw
and I can't get it to appear. Does anyone know if this is the correct
site name (it's on the information that came with the saw) or what
might be going on?

Thanks for any info.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On May 26, 6:23 am, nr wrote:
I've been trying to get towww.ryobitools.comto register my new saw
and I can't get it to appear. Does anyone know if this is the correct
site name (it's on the information that came with the saw) or what
might be going on?

Well, the front page loaded and appears to be the right site. But,
the graphics are _HUGE_ and take forever...

The link at the bottom to the registration does appear to have a
problem -- I'd suggest finding the contact info and sending complaint
to web guru and see if get a response. I would assume there's a
regular registration card w/ the tool???

BTW, warranties can't be revoked for lack of registration, but
recalls, etc., are dependent on them...

hth...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 26 May 2007 04:23:23 -0700, nr wrote:

I've been trying to get to www.ryobitools.com to register my new saw
and I can't get it to appear. Does anyone know if this is the correct
site name (it's on the information that came with the saw) or what
might be going on?

Thanks for any info.

The site works fine for me using both IE and Firefox.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 26 May 2007 08:14:19 -0700, Karl S wrote:

On 26 May 2007 04:23:23 -0700, nr wrote:

I've been trying to get to www.ryobitools.com to register my new saw
and I can't get it to appear. Does anyone know if this is the correct
site name (it's on the information that came with the saw) or what
might be going on?

Thanks for any info.

The site works fine for me using both IE and Firefox.

Works for me to with firefox and only a 38k bps connection. But it
and its multiple overlaid pictures did take 2 minutes to load and I
find it annoying how many sites are designed only for high speed.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

mm wrote:
On Sat, 26 May 2007 08:14:19 -0700, Karl S wrote:

On 26 May 2007 04:23:23 -0700, nr wrote:

I've been trying to get to www.ryobitools.com to register my new saw
and I can't get it to appear. Does anyone know if this is the correct
site name (it's on the information that came with the saw) or what
might be going on?

Thanks for any info.

The site works fine for me using both IE and Firefox.

Works for me to with firefox and only a 38k bps connection. But it
and its multiple overlaid pictures did take 2 minutes to load and I
find it annoying how many sites are designed only for high speed.

Amen to that...

Did the link to "register" load? Here w/ dialup after some
(unmeasured but long, I left it loading while ate lunch) time it was
still simply spinning its wheels when returned...if it was still
trying to download an image(s), that's totally unusable for anything
except high speed.

Posted to alt.home.repair
nr nr is offline

On May 26, 4:05 pm, dpb wrote:
mm wrote:
[...]

I still can't get the site to load, either with SeaMonkey (my
preferred browser) or IE. I just did a tracert on it and got 'Unable
to resolve target system name www.ryobitools.com.' I guess I'll have
to contact my ISP.

Posted to alt.home.repair

nr wrote:

I still can't get the site to load, either with SeaMonkey (my
preferred browser) or IE. I just did a tracert on it and got 'Unable
to resolve target system name www.ryobitools.com.' I guess I'll have
to contact my ISP.

The warranty registration link is he

https://www.customernation.com/pls/p...060&p_parm=PSR

if your DNS is broken try:

https://65.74.148.167/pls/ps/ps.ps_m...060&p_parm=PSR

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 27 May 2007 11:00:23 -0500, Clancy Wiggum
wrote:

nr wrote:

I still can't get the site to load, either with SeaMonkey (my
preferred browser) or IE. I just did a tracert on it and got 'Unable
to resolve target system name www.ryobitools.com.' I guess I'll have
to contact my ISP.

The warranty registration link is he

https://www.customernation.com/pls/p...060&p_parm=PSR

if your DNS is broken try:

https://65.74.148.167/pls/ps/ps.ps_m...060&p_parm=PSR

BTW, is it possible for someone's DNS to be broken when that of other
people's works.

Does this go by user, ISP, or by the whole world? An honest question.

I have had times when I thought that might be the problem, but I
really don't how it works.
Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:

BTW, is it possible for someone's DNS to be broken when that of other
people's works.

Yes.. It's easily possible.

Does this go by user, ISP, or by the whole world? An honest question.

For the end-users (you and me) it's the ISP that maintains a local
name server and they can break. The ISP gets it's data from root
servers, they are trickled down (propagated).

You *don't* have to use your ISP's name server though. If you
manually configure a name server in Window's "connection properties"
you can enter any publicly available server. I sometimes use 4.2.2.2
and 4.2.2.3 to test if my ISP's is broken or not. There are some
public servers listed he

http://www.opennic.unrated.net/public_servers.html

I have had times when I thought that might be the problem, but I
really don't how it works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dns_server

Posted to alt.home.repair
nr nr is offline

On May 27, 2:26 pm, Clancy Wiggum wrote:
mm wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the server information. I was able to get to the site
using it's IP address, so I called my ISP and the tech had me change
the preferred DNS server address to 4.2.2.1 and the URL then worked.

I then went to register the product and it didn't even require the
serial number, so I don't really see the value in filling out their
form..

Posted to alt.home.repair

nr wrote:

Thanks for the server information. I was able to get to the site
using it's IP address, so I called my ISP and the tech had me change
the preferred DNS server address to 4.2.2.1 and the URL then worked.

You're welcome. I suspected that was the case.

I then went to register the product and it didn't even require the
serial number, so I don't really see the value in filling out their
form..

Yeah.. Pretty useless. If the tool breaks just take it back to Homer
D. Poe.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Thanks from me too.

Web Site Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 0 September 2nd 06 12:40 PM
Good how-to-sharpen-tools web site. Billy Smith Woodworking 5 February 4th 06 09:59 AM
B&Q web site [email protected] UK diy 11 December 30th 04 12:02 AM
My web site Steven Raphael Woodturning 3 November 6th 04 03:20 AM
Web Site SMuel10363 Metalworking 2 October 24th 03 07:01 AM