Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Ryobi Tools Web Site

Thanks from me too.

On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:26:05 -0500, Clancy Wiggum
wrote:

mm wrote:

BTW, is it possible for someone's DNS to be broken when that of other
people's works.

Yes.. It's easily possible.

Does this go by user, ISP, or by the whole world? An honest question.

For the end-users (you and me) it's the ISP that maintains a local
name server and they can break. The ISP gets it's data from root
servers, they are trickled down (propagated).

You *don't* have to use your ISP's name server though. If you
manually configure a name server in Window's "connection properties"
you can enter any publicly available server. I sometimes use 4.2.2.2
and 4.2.2.3 to test if my ISP's is broken or not. There are some
public servers listed he

http://www.opennic.unrated.net/public_servers.html

I have had times when I thought that might be the problem, but I
really don't how it works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dns_server