Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Faucet noise

Had the plumber put in a new faucet over the weekend. Gives a slight kick
or thumping noise when I turn on the water. Doesn't happen if I turn on the
water again right after I turn it off. Not sure what the problem might be.
Some ideas I came up with a faucet's design, the installation, or the
hose that leads from the pipes is too narrow. Could water be backing down
after we turn off the water creating a vacuum break or some sort. Not sure
what it could be. Anyone know what might be the cause and how it might be
repaired? I know I could ask the plumber. Just would like to have some
background on what the problem might be before calling him.

Other info, we have half inch pipes throughout the house. The hose looks
like it's 3/8" (or less?). Seems narrow that's for sure. The faucet is an
American Standard. Here is a link to what it looks like.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/American-Standard...ayphotohosting