Bryan

Default How do I take apart this faucet?

The sprayer on our kitchen sink has very low pressure. Even when its
trigger is fully depressed, little water comes out the sprayer, while
the flow out of the main faucet is only slightly reduced. It doesn't
seem like the sprayer itself is clogged (I took it off and checked).
I've read that a faulty diverter valve could be causing the problem,
but I don't know how to get to it. It is not obvious where it would
be on this faucet design, or how the faucet should be removed to look
for it. It's a Delta, and you can find a picture of it online at this
http://mas.cs.umass.edu/~bhorling/tmp/faucet.jpg

Cany anyone tell me the best way to seek the diverter valve? Thanks
for any help you can provide!
Jim Mc Namara

Bryan,

Remove the spout and if I remember correctly, the diverter is located at the
base. Easy fix.

Jim Mc Namara

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...
The sprayer on our kitchen sink has very low pressure. Even when its
trigger is fully depressed, little water comes out the sprayer, while
the flow out of the main faucet is only slightly reduced. It doesn't
seem like the sprayer itself is clogged (I took it off and checked).
I've read that a faulty diverter valve could be causing the problem,
but I don't know how to get to it. It is not obvious where it would
be on this faucet design, or how the faucet should be removed to look
for it. It's a Delta, and you can find a picture of it online at this
http://mas.cs.umass.edu/~bhorling/tmp/faucet.jpg

Cany anyone tell me the best way to seek the diverter valve? Thanks
for any help you can provide!

MLD

Once you have a new diverter valve, the way to prevent your problem from
happening again is to use your sprayer every once in a while. Don't be
surprised at the condition of the diverter when it comes out--probably full
of sand from non-use.
MLD
"Bryan" wrote in message
om...
The sprayer on our kitchen sink has very low pressure. Even when its
trigger is fully depressed, little water comes out the sprayer, while
the flow out of the main faucet is only slightly reduced. It doesn't
seem like the sprayer itself is clogged (I took it off and checked).
I've read that a faulty diverter valve could be causing the problem,
but I don't know how to get to it. It is not obvious where it would
be on this faucet design, or how the faucet should be removed to look
for it. It's a Delta, and you can find a picture of it online at this
http://mas.cs.umass.edu/~bhorling/tmp/faucet.jpg

Cany anyone tell me the best way to seek the diverter valve? Thanks
for any help you can provide!

Bryan

Thanks guys, with all that info I was able to track down the part and
install it. It works great now.