Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Faucet noise

Charlie S. wrote:
Had the plumber put in a new faucet over the weekend. Gives a slight
kick or thumping noise when I turn on the water. Doesn't happen if I
turn on the water again right after I turn it off. Not sure what the
problem might be. Some ideas I came up with a faucet's design, the
installation, or the hose that leads from the pipes is too narrow. Could
water be backing down after we turn off the water creating a
vacuum break or some sort. Not sure what it could be. Anyone know
what might be the cause and how it might be repaired? I know I could
ask the plumber. Just would like to have some background on what
the problem might be before calling him.
Other info, we have half inch pipes throughout the house. The hose
looks like it's 3/8" (or less?). Seems narrow that's for sure. The
faucet is an American Standard. ...

Is it possible one of the "hoses" is close to a wall or another pipe and
may be hitting it as the water is turned on and it flexes a little? The
size of that flexible connector should not be a problem.

Try holding onto the flexible connectors, one at a time and see if you
can feel the movement or if the sound goes away while you are holding it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit