Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

Default Faucet noise

On 23 May 2007 21:51:19 -0700, Effty wrote:

On May 23, 9:53 pm, "Charlie S." wrote:

Might that water hammer arrester be something I should be thinking about.
Or, should I call the faucet company and ask about how to rectify the
diverter problem?

I'd do the water hammer arrester. My guess is that you replaced an
old, short handled faucet with a new, long-handled one, and now you
are essentially turning off the flow of water much more decisively,
hence, you now have a water hammer. It can happen anywhere you have a
quick closing valve.

So the solution is to close the valve more slowly.....