Posted to alt.home.repair
Homer Homer is offline

Default Faucet noise

On Thu, 24 May 2007 21:25:26 GMT, "Charlie S."
wrote:

"DK" wrote in message
.. .
On 23 May 2007 21:51:19 -0700, Effty wrote:

On May 23, 9:53 pm, "Charlie S." wrote:

Might that water hammer arrester be something I should be thinking
about.
Or, should I call the faucet company and ask about how to rectify the
diverter problem?

I'd do the water hammer arrester. My guess is that you replaced an
old, short handled faucet with a new, long-handled one, and now you
are essentially turning off the flow of water much more decisively,
hence, you now have a water hammer. It can happen anywhere you have a
quick closing valve.

So the solution is to close the valve more slowly.....

Tried that.... didn't work. Kick still there even if I lift very slowly

Noticed something odd (at least odd to me). When I turned the handle from
hot to cold the turning radius goes further in the hot direction than in the
cold direction. I can only turn 45 degrees toward the cold. But, almost 70
degrees in the hot direction. Is this normal?

Maybe the water hammer arrester is the way to go?

I really think you are being a bit paranoid about all this.

All houses make noises and after a very short peiod of time, you won't
even notice the noise. I can sit in my study and hear when the water
is turned on at the other end of the house or even outside in the
garden. If it was a thump instead of a whish, so what. Not a big
deal.