Posted to alt.home.repair
JMK JMK is offline

Default pool vacuum external to filtration system

We recently bought a home with an in ground salt water pool. This pool
has an infinite edge feature, which pushes water over the edge of the
pool into a trough. Unfortunately we get a lot of dirt and leaves in
this trough; this gets worse with each rain because we have a lot of
clay in our soil and a lot of ponding, which drags more dirt and
leaves into the trough. We have tried using the filtration system
vacuum but the filter basket clogs up so fast it's impossible to
vacuum for any length of time. The trough itself is only 8 1/2" wide,
so there's not enough room for a leaf basket.

Recently I've seen the Pool Buster, which might work for this.
However, if it is too big to fit in the trough it's not going to help.
Anyone try one?

We used to have some flakey kid come by to clean the pool, and he
cleaned the trough with a garden hose and a leaf basket but I never
got a chance to see what he did.

Thanks

JMK

Which RO water filtration system? [email protected] Home Repair 3 August 5th 06 07:25 PM
For good health need water filtration system nitin Home Repair 1 March 11th 06 03:26 AM
Central vacuum system Ben Home Repair 1 March 9th 06 08:06 PM
New Central Vacuum System L M Home Repair 15 August 5th 05 02:06 PM
?? re automatic pool vacuum Liz Home Repair 11 June 28th 05 01:32 PM