Posted to alt.home.repair
Ben

Default Central vacuum system

I am the one who bought a dry wall dust collection off the web that
uses water as a filter. this thing is GREAT!!!
Well anyway does any body know if I could or should hook this thing up
to my central vacuum system for my house. I thought about getting a low
voltage relay, wire it to plug into a 120 vote outlet " the one I have
for my BEAM vacuum plugged into now." Then from the relay I would wire
in a cord to connect my wet dry vacuum. A little bit of water escapes
into this dust system so I thought that the BEAM shouldn't have water
get in it so I should use a wet dry vacuum. If this is possible I would
not have to buy expensive filter any more or for that matter no dust
getting into the house when I chang the filters on the BEAM. All I have
to do is open the drain rinse the tank refill with water done ready for
the next cleaning. Thanks for any input or info BEN

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco

I have done this many times with my
central vac. I bought one of those
cheap drywall sanding units at Home
Depot that has a 5 gal covered pale and a
corregated 25' hose with a sanding block
for sanding screen. The only problem
is the whistling caused by the
corregated hose caused by the higher air
volume from
the central vac. Many years ago, I used
the central vac directly to pick up
the "dust" directly and the results was
bearings going bad on the vac. It was
15 years
old, but I do believe the fine dust had
something to do with it.

I also use an old extraction rug
cleaner (the R2D2 type unit) connected
to the central
vac to get more suction when cleaning
carpeting. I did remove the fan and motor
in the rug cleaner. I also use this as
a water drop-off unit so I could use
this combo
as a wet pickup unit. BTW, the R2D2