DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   pool vacuum external to filtration system (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/201259-pool-vacuum-external-filtration-system.html)

JMK May 21st 07 02:58 AM

pool vacuum external to filtration system

We recently bought a home with an in ground salt water pool. This pool
has an infinite edge feature, which pushes water over the edge of the
pool into a trough. Unfortunately we get a lot of dirt and leaves in
this trough; this gets worse with each rain because we have a lot of
clay in our soil and a lot of ponding, which drags more dirt and
leaves into the trough. We have tried using the filtration system
vacuum but the filter basket clogs up so fast it's impossible to
vacuum for any length of time. The trough itself is only 8 1/2" wide,
so there's not enough room for a leaf basket.

Recently I've seen the Pool Buster, which might work for this.
However, if it is too big to fit in the trough it's not going to help.
Anyone try one?

We used to have some flakey kid come by to clean the pool, and he
cleaned the trough with a garden hose and a leaf basket but I never
got a chance to see what he did.

Thanks

JMK