Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Karcher Power Washer

For what its worth I have had 4 Karcher power washers. I like the design
and how they function but they are not reliable. It's interesting that they
have a decal on the side of the unit promoting their "No Hassle Exchange
Program" What company do you know advertises the fact that they have a
special plan to exchange a product. It's like they know their products are
going to fail and they do.

After my first purchase and exchange I gave up and bought a new unit. After
a year it failed and they sent out another unit. It arrived and would not
work properly! Now they are sending a second exchange unit. Great service
but the fact of the matter is their products just don't stand up.

When I called the company to register my concern they were really not
interested and basically said well that's your opinion.

Jerry

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jerry Atkiin" wrote in message
[...]

The electric ones have the plastic pump and will fail right after warranty.
Looks good and works but its just junk. Funny my neighbor's and my Karchers
were in the trash can at the same time right after warranty. I've used it to
wash my car about 15 times and my neighbor even less. Maybe even the cheap
Harbor Freight power washers are more reliable.

The Karcher gas power ones are better. The box said 1 year warranty but it
only applies to the Honda engine. I found this out when a small part failed
within 40 days and I was told by Karcher the everything else was warranted
for 30 days! Do a search and you found many complains on the reliability.

Posted to alt.home.repair

When I had a need for a pressure washer, I bought one off Ebay.
The wand wasn't right, so I bought a wand at Lowe's. And then the
washer didn't work, so I bought another one. I had about $200
invested in the bargain, and then the second one broke a fitting.

Went to do some research. Didn't buy a Karcher cause the high
pressure housing is plastic. Bought a Powerwasher brand from
Home Depot cause the pump was metal. I've been pleased with it
since then.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

:
: After my first purchase and exchange I gave up and bought a new
unit. After
: a year it failed and they sent out another unit. It arrived and
would not
: work properly! Now they are sending a second exchange unit.
Great service
: but the fact of the matter is their products just don't stand
up.
:
: When I called the company to register my concern they were
really not
: interested and basically said well that's your opinion.
:
: Jerry
:

Karcher preassure washer - any good? Stephen Biddle UK diy 2 April 30th 07 12:57 PM
Karcher power washer Rodders UK diy 21 April 13th 05 07:33 PM
Pressure Washer: Karcher or Devilbiss bama Home Ownership 1 March 6th 05 11:08 PM
karcher pressure washer Bob Findlay UK diy 2 December 1st 04 01:15 AM
Karcher washer purchase - advice?? David UK diy 3 August 22nd 03 05:57 PM