Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Karcher preassure washer - any good?

Hi All

I've got a Karcher 220 preassure washer, which is great when it works but it
has four replacement cylinder heads, three under warantee and one a paid
for.

They say there is no known design fault, but it seems too much of a
coincidence to me.

Does anyone have any experience of these or can you recommend a better
make/model.

Thanks

Stephen

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stephen Biddle" wrote in message
Hi All

I've got a Karcher 220 preassure washer, which is great when it works but
it has four replacement cylinder heads, three under warantee and one a
paid for.

They say there is no known design fault, but it seems too much of a
coincidence to me.

Does anyone have any experience of these or can you recommend a better
make/model.

How long is the warranty on one of those?
If it happened 3 times to me under warranty I certainly wouldn't be paying
for it to be fixed a fourth time. A strong letter to customer services cc'd
to the Managing Director has always worked for me in the past.

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/electrical/...washer_faq.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stephen Biddle" wrote in message
Hi All

I've got a Karcher 220 preassure washer, which is great when it works but
it has four replacement cylinder heads, three under warantee and one a
paid for.

They say there is no known design fault, but it seems too much of a
coincidence to me.

Does anyone have any experience of these or can you recommend a better
make/model.

Thanks

Stephen

I had problems with mine and it then died just outside of the 12 month
warranty.
Karcher didnt want to know and were really poor with their customer service
imo. I know of 2 other people at work with similiar experiences
I personally wouldn't buy another Karcher. They are very overrated imo

Karcher pressure washer dead Pufter UK diy 4 May 26th 05 12:06 PM
Karcher power washer Rodders UK diy 21 April 13th 05 07:33 PM
Pressure Washer: Karcher or Devilbiss bama Home Ownership 1 March 6th 05 11:08 PM
karcher pressure washer Bob Findlay UK diy 2 December 1st 04 01:15 AM
Karcher washer purchase - advice?? David UK diy 3 August 22nd 03 05:57 PM