Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How Do I Straighten a Patio Door?

On May 16, 6:42 pm, jim evans wrote:
On Thu, 17 May 2007 00:03:53 GMT, John~

wrote:
In article , jim evans
wrote:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2382/graphic1xx7.gif

The rollers under the door may be raised or lowered to adjust the door
closure.

I assume I must lift the door and remove it from the track to get to
the rollers?

-- jim

No, there is a small hole in the frame, insert phillips screwdriver
and turn but first take the weight off the door as someone else said.

Note: I just went through the same thing last year. Door had been a
bit (not much) harder to close for a month or two. Turned out that
_all_ the rollers were shot and needed to be replaced. It is a simple
job to do IF you can get the door out of the track.

Open half way
Lower both rollers all the way
Lift straight up
Pull bottom into the room.

The top will now clear the top track. It is best to have a helper for
that and don't be surprised if the threshold has risen so the bottom
doesn't want to clear the track. Took three of us and a good sized
pry bar to get mine out.

Also there may be some method of preventing the door from being lifted
up (burglar prevention). Common is driving a screw or two into the
top top track. If so, remove before proceeding.

Harry K