Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Angie's List

Jim wrote:
I would like to know if anyone is St. Louis area has used Angie's List.
What do think of it.

Thank you

jim

Second time you posted the same Q in 2 days.

Ya' think maybe nobody here has any opinions on the
Angie's list in St. Louis?

I have plenty of opinions on the Angie's list in Portland, OR.

Posted to alt.home.repair

jJim McLaughlin wrote:
Ya' think maybe nobody here has any opinions on the
Angie's list in St. Louis?

I have plenty of opinions on the Angie's list in Portland, OR.

Why don't you share them with us? I'd be interested in reading them.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim" wrote in message
|I would like to know if anyone is St. Louis area has used Angie's
List.
| What do think of it.
|
| Thank you
|
| jim

I am from st. louis
suddenlink.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

jJim McLaughlin wrote:

Ya' think maybe nobody here has any opinions on the
Angie's list in St. Louis?

I have plenty of opinions on the Angie's list in Portland, OR.

Why don't you share them with us? I'd be interested in reading them.

Its an advertising scam, IMHO.

I was looking for chimny sweeps.
Already knew several local companies to avoid like the plague.

Went to Angie's List. Had to "register" and provide detailed data.
Already, my antennae are twitching.

Get into the site.

Exactly one chimney sweep,

A local company with a bad reputation, IMHO.

A day or so after "registering" the deluge of E mail ads begins.

Fortunately I had used a throw away E mail address.

IMHO, a pure advertising scam used to harvest and validate E mail
addys.

Also, IMHO, will put any vendor in the data base who pays a fee.

YMMV.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim wrote:
I would like to know if anyone is St. Louis area has used Angie's List.
What do think of it.

Thank you

Dunno about St Louis. Have used in Twin Cities for a bunch of years.
Have had a lot of work done on our house, and have only gone to those
contractors that people liked on Angie's List. Every job (siding,
roof, driveway, painting, tree service, a few others) was done on
time, to my expectations and within stated cost. I have no complaints;
it is useful to see/read what others think about contractors for
various services. Otherwise, in many cases, you just pick one from the
yellow pages and hope for the best...

In terms of email spam, well, haven't gotten any. I get a request from
Angie's List to fill in an evaluation on work done on my property, but
certainly no spam.

Overall I veiw it as a very useful service, and well worth the nominal
cost to join. I am not employed by and have no links to Angie's except
as a satisfied user.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I love Angie's list. Use it all the time and never been unhappy with it.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

jJim McLaughlin wrote:

[...]

Angie's list Stormin Mormon Home Repair 7 December 18th 10 07:24 PM
Angie's List Jim Home Repair 0 May 16th 07 03:37 AM
converting cuting list to materials list... need help [email protected] Woodworking 6 December 21st 06 05:10 PM
[OT] Wish List Morris Dovey Woodworking 7 December 26th 04 11:28 PM
cutting list =>shoppihng list & board feet. Newbie wood shoppingquestion Jim Helfer Woodworking 2 September 3rd 04 03:07 AM