Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Single side lever tap

I have a single (right) side lever tap. Problem is that hot/cold
water is not regulated by pushing lever left and right, but by pushing
lever up and down. Which direction should be cold and which hot?

Thanks for the information.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On May 14, 7:31 am, Pygmalion wrote:
I have a single (right) side lever tap. Problem is that hot/cold
water is not regulated by pushing lever left and right, but by pushing
lever up and down. Which direction should be cold and which hot?

Guess it would depend on the design...

New Danze I just installed on/off is up/down and hot/cold is back/
forward, respectively, when facing the sink (again, right hand
lever). If you face towards the tap, hot is then to the right, cold
left. That's following conventional connection label -- reverse it
and the hot/cold direction would reverse.

Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb je napisal:

On May 14, 7:31 am, Pygmalion wrote:

I have a single (right) side lever tap. Problem is that hot/cold
water is not regulated by pushing lever left and right, but by pushing
lever up and down. Which direction should be cold and which hot?

Guess it would depend on the design...

New Danze I just installed on/off is up/down and hot/cold is back/
forward, respectively, when facing the sink (again, right hand
lever). If you face towards the tap, hot is then to the right, cold
left. That's following conventional connection label -- reverse it
and the hot/cold direction would reverse.

So there is no rule to prevent people to get burned when they visit
another flat?? Numer of single side lever taps is rising very quickly
these days.

Marko

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On May 14, 8:09 am, Pygmalion wrote:
dpb je napisal:

On May 14, 7:31 am, Pygmalion wrote:
I have a single (right) side lever tap. Problem is that hot/cold
water is not regulated by pushing lever left and right, but by pushing
lever up and down. Which direction should be cold and which hot?

Guess it would depend on the design...

New Danze I just installed on/off is up/down and hot/cold is back/
forward, respectively, when facing the sink (again, right hand
lever). If you face towards the tap, hot is then to the right, cold
left. That's following conventional connection label -- reverse it
and the hot/cold direction would reverse.

So there is no rule to prevent people to get burned when they visit
another flat?? Numer of single side lever taps is rising very quickly
these days.

Don't know if all manufacturers are following same convention or not
-- would sorta' presume so, but didn't see anything while looking/
selecting the new one and don't have enough "hands-on" w/ them to have
a good sample. Of course, I originally chose a two-handle model not
intending to use the side-handle but realized when the new sink was
installed there was insufficient clearance on the rear for that given
the deeper double sink on the one side so was forced into the single
handle and the side tap was the only one available in the style had
selected. Consequently didn't do a whole lot of research on that
point, so the data may be available but it wasn't on my radar screen
while looking.

As said, this is direction this one moves when following the
convention of plumbing hot to the left (which is US convention
anyway). By the use of "flat" one presumes you're not...