Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure washer - no high pressure

Hi all,

I gave my smaller pressure washer to my neighbor (retired now, really
cool guy btw), and I brought it over to him and tried to show him how
it works. But I could get no high pressure. The model is a DeVilbiss
WGV2021-1 2000psi, 2gpm with a B&S 6HP engine.

Water flows through the wand at low pressure. When the engine is on,
there is no different in pressure, its just tap pressure. The pump did
not freeze over winter as I had it indoors. Last fall it was working
fine.

Changed the pump oil. No change. Oil was not low.

Changed the wand from high to low and back several times, no change.

Anything else I can try? Are the pumps simple to disassamble and put
back together again? I can get a new pump for $110, but I couldn't
charge him for it.

Any tips welcomed. This is the model:

http://shoppingcart.msservicecompany...21/wgv2021.pdf

Dean