Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Pressure washer - no high pressure

mgee1960 wrote:

mgee1960 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...re-217682-.htm
:
I have a gas powered PW that will sometimes not spray at all or sometimes
stop spraying as I am using it. Is the unloader valve the deal with the
spring & double nut on it?
Thanks for any insight or direction where to find detailed information on
this topic.

There can be many causes for your symptoms, but one common issue I've
found is that some people do not understand that many adjustable spray
nozzles have two functions - rotate the nozzle to go between a spot and
a fan pattern, and also push / pull the nozzle front to back to switch
between high pressure spray and low pressure modes. Folks manage to
change between the high and low pressure modes when twisting the nozzle
and then think it's broken.