Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leave pressure washers in rain?

Do you leave your pressure washer in the rain if you're doing a multi-
day job? They pretty much get rained on while in use. The one I am
thinking of is a Dewalt, with a Honda engine / commercial brass pump
body.

Posted to alt.home.repair

dean wrote:
Do you leave your pressure washer in the rain if you're doing a multi-
day job? They pretty much get rained on while in use. The one I am
thinking of is a Dewalt, with a Honda engine / commercial brass pump
body.- Hide quoted text -

Tarp's good..I have an air compressor that has sat out in midwest
weather for 2 years in My truck,it works like new and does'nt look too
bad either..It's just a cheapie from Menards,I take better care of My
better tools.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Dean, Ant wrote:
I have a Simpson 3000 and i left it in the rain and its water locked.
Through the muffler I guess, pull rope wont budge. Any tips? Took out spark
plug and rope pulls but h2o in the oil? Help

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...in-216456-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 20, 2020 at 11:44:05 PM UTC-4, Ant wrote:
replying to Dean, Ant wrote:
I have a Simpson 3000 and i left it in the rain and its water locked.
Through the muffler I guess, pull rope wont budge. Any tips? Took out spark
plug and rope pulls but h2o in the oil? Help

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...in-216456-.htm

You sure the hose isn't under pressure from last time it was used? That
can make it impossible to pull. Hard to imagine water could get inside
the engine core. Seems more possible it could have rusted up the recoil
mechanism. If it's water logged internally, then pour out the oil,
remove the spark plug and then it should spin.

As for leaving them in the rain, I have a heavy duty electric one.
When I leave it outside, a 30 gal garbage can fits nicely over top.

Pressure washers Rich Home Repair 5 February 26th 07 01:07 PM
Pressure Washers? Paul Hutchings UK diy 29 March 29th 05 06:22 PM
Pressure washers eddie UK diy 5 December 15th 04 01:07 AM
pressure washers rich a. Home Repair 12 October 2nd 04 02:42 PM
Pressure Washers? don h Home Repair 16 June 9th 04 06:52 PM