Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Default Ryobi Cordless Drill Charger

I saw a Ryobi tool case thrown out during the city's special pickup
last Friday night. It was hefty, so I took it home.

When I finally opened it up today, I found a Ryobi HP62 6.0 volt
cordless drill inside. It looked absolutely brand new. I mean, really,
it looks as if it has never been used at all. All the bits save one
were there. I figured, "let's charge it up." That's when I noticed
that the wall wart in the drill case was from an AT&T answering
machine or cordless phone. The AT&T charger has a 9vac output. Hmmmm,
I wonder if that's why the drill got thrown out.

After some searching, I found a Canon 6 vdc, 300 ma charger, probably
from an inkjet printer, that charges the battery pack, but not any too
fast.

The proper charger for the Ryobi is a Ryobi-Ridgid part 7221001. I
don't know what its output voltage or current is. If anyone has one of
these chargers lying around, I'd like to know the specs on it. I'm
sure that in my massive collection of wall warts I have one that's
close enough.

Thanks.

I cross-posted your request to a few woodworking and home-repair groups.
Maybe someone who has a Ryobi 6-volt drill can look at the "brick" and give
you the specs off it.

Good luck,
--
John English

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

John E. wrote:
[quoting me]
Ryobi HP62 6.0 volt cordless drill inside.

The proper charger for the Ryobi is a Ryobi-Ridgid part 7221001.

[end quoting me]

I cross-posted your request to a few woodworking and home-repair groups.

John English

Great. Thanks for that.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Beloved Leader wrote:

John E. wrote:
[quoting me]
Ryobi HP62 6.0 volt cordless drill inside.

The proper charger for the Ryobi is a Ryobi-Ridgid part 7221001.

[end quoting me]

I cross-posted your request to a few woodworking and home-repair groups.

John English

Great. Thanks for that.

There is a six volt Ryobi drill/W charger on Ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ryobi-6-0v-6-0-V-Cordless-Drill-Case-Charger-Kit_W0QQitemZ220108736780QQihZ012

If its the same tool, email the seller to ask the seller what the
charger is rated at. I don't have an Ebay account, so I can't contact
the seller.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
There is a six volt Ryobi drill/W charger on Ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com....

I don't have an Ebay account, so I can't contact
the seller.

Nor do I, the reason being I have enough junk, and if I were on eBay,
I'd only end up with more.

(viewing picture) Yeah, that's the one. I have friends who have an
eBay account, so maybe they can ask about that.

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

John E. wrote:

The proper charger for the Ryobi is a Ryobi-Ridgid part 7221001. I
don't know what its output voltage or current is. If anyone has one of
these chargers lying around, I'd like to know the specs on it. I'm
sure that in my massive collection of wall warts I have one that's
close enough.

Looks like this part is carried by M&D Mower[1] and goes for $5.91.
At that price, you may as well just buy a new one. I've purchased
Ryobi parts from this dealer in the past, and had no problems with
them.

[1]: http://www.m-and-d.com/TTI-7221001.html

remove ".invalid".

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

[1]: http://www.m-and-d.com/TTI-7221001.html

Or just call M&D and ask them to read the specs off of the charger. ("I just
want to be sure it's the right one for my drill..."). (c:
--
FBt

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 May 2007 17:39:39 GMT, Esther & Fester Bestertester
wrote:

[1]: http://www.m-and-d.com/TTI-7221001.html

Or just call M&D and ask them to read the specs off of the charger.

("I just
want to be sure it's the right one for my drill..."). (c:

I would trust the part number given on the exploded view documentation
for this drill rather than the label on the drill.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
SJF SJF is offline

"Michael Faurot" wrote in message
John E. wrote:

The proper charger for the Ryobi is a Ryobi-Ridgid part 7221001. I
don't know what its output voltage or current is. If anyone has one of
these chargers lying around, I'd like to know the specs on it. I'm
sure that in my massive collection of wall warts I have one that's
close enough.

Looks like this part is carried by M&D Mower[1] and goes for $5.91.
At that price, you may as well just buy a new one. I've purchased
Ryobi parts from this dealer in the past, and had no problems with
them.

[1]: http://www.m-and-d.com/TTI-7221001.html

remove ".invalid".

Better get the OEM replacement for a certain match. Problem is, the specs
on the charger unit specify output volts, amps and AC or DC but not the
internal resistance of the unit which can vary. If you get one that seems
to match but has low internal resistance, it may not properly taper off the
charge at the end of the cycle leading to an overcharge and possibly battery
damage. The quoted price is about as low as you are apt to find anyway.

SJF