Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
SJF SJF is offline

Default Ryobi Cordless Drill Charger

"Michael Faurot" wrote in message
John E. wrote:

The proper charger for the Ryobi is a Ryobi-Ridgid part 7221001. I
don't know what its output voltage or current is. If anyone has one of
these chargers lying around, I'd like to know the specs on it. I'm
sure that in my massive collection of wall warts I have one that's
close enough.

Looks like this part is carried by M&D Mower[1] and goes for $5.91.
At that price, you may as well just buy a new one. I've purchased
Ryobi parts from this dealer in the past, and had no problems with
them.

[1]: http://www.m-and-d.com/TTI-7221001.html

remove ".invalid".

Better get the OEM replacement for a certain match. Problem is, the specs
on the charger unit specify output volts, amps and AC or DC but not the
internal resistance of the unit which can vary. If you get one that seems
to match but has low internal resistance, it may not properly taper off the
charge at the end of the cycle leading to an overcharge and possibly battery
damage. The quoted price is about as low as you are apt to find anyway.

SJF