Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Moles!

Donna wrote:
"jJim McLaughlin" wrote in message
. ..

Oren wrote:

SNIPS

What is the natural predator for a mole? Something that hunts them as
a food source?

Wiki has an article on moles at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_%28animal%29

Only predator mentioned in the article is dogs.

Damn. While getting a bobcat to get the moles would be undeniably
entertaining, at some point, I would be writing you all asking how to remove
the bobcat. Maybe not a workable idea.

Dogs are great. I have a dog. The only problem is, he's a pug, and unless
the mole is asleep on a donut, the pug wouldn't be a threat.

sigh

Donna

I have a cat, a stray no less, who adopted us. Damn cat won't go outside
unless its escorted by three armed humans and runs like a banshee back
in as soon as it hears a dog bark, or a car go bye, or Lord forbid, sees
another cat.

My cat is a worse hunter than your pug.
Posted to alt.home.repair

if your not willing to take some time and learn to trap them ,
then your stuck with all the medicine man stuff that doesnt work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2007 12:20:56 -0800, tenplay wrote:

Donna wrote:
Ok, they're kind of cute, admittedly, but I'm not as enamored of the holes
in my lawn, and I'm not at all happy that they might move into the house.
Is there any way to get rid of moles? I have toddlers and pets, so poison
can be difficult to do safely. Advice?

Thanks as always,

Donna

Try chewing gum. They really like Juicy Fruit. Spearmint not so much.
Once they start chewing, they can't stop. Gets all stuck in their
teeth. Drives them nuts. It is a cheap and harmless solution. BTW,
I'm a salesman for Wrigley's.

If you sold hammers I bet you would recommend a hammer...
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 07 May 2007 17:47:51 -0700, Oren wrote:

What is the natural predator for a mole? Something that hunts them as
a food source?

Terriers and cats. :-)

I was thinking something a little more wild and violent. A predator
that thrives on a mole, say as a main / partial diet..

Eagle?

moles FH Home Repair 20 April 12th 07 01:49 AM
Electrocuting moles Andrew Gabriel UK diy 31 January 14th 07 08:57 AM
Any luck with burrowing MOLES? Joe Home Repair 26 September 22nd 06 02:23 PM
Got rid of the d@mn moles...sort of [email protected] Home Repair 4 July 16th 06 07:17 AM
varmint control -- moles and voles Don Foreman Metalworking 71 April 26th 05 06:56 PM