Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's holding my tub drain down?

Hi,

I'm working on swapping out my old tub for a new one. I can't get the
tub out because it's attached at the drain. I don't see any way to
release it from the top unless I rotozip the drain hole out. I'd like
to keep the tub intact to donate if possible.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get it loose?

Thanks,
Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6 May 2007 11:53:48 -0700, Mike Reed
wrote:

Hi,

I'm working on swapping out my old tub for a new one. I can't get the
tub out because it's attached at the drain. I don't see any way to
release it from the top unless I rotozip the drain hole out. I'd like
to keep the tub intact to donate if possible.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get it loose?

Thanks,
Mike

Using a pair a channel lock pliers, insert the handles in the drain
and turn counter clockwise. Works for me.

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..

Tub Drain leak Steve Kraus Home Repair 5 March 17th 07 05:27 AM
Clogged tub drain Dan_Musicant Home Repair 9 August 8th 06 09:33 PM
tub drain Patt Home Repair 4 June 16th 06 08:01 AM
how to remove old tub drain/strainer from tub waste shoe TimR Home Repair 4 March 24th 06 12:44 AM
Basement Tub Drain to Shower Drain Question Aaron Home Repair 2 March 13th 06 12:30 AM