Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default What's holding my tub drain down?

On 6 May 2007 11:53:48 -0700, Mike Reed
wrote:

Hi,

I'm working on swapping out my old tub for a new one. I can't get the
tub out because it's attached at the drain. I don't see any way to
release it from the top unless I rotozip the drain hole out. I'd like
to keep the tub intact to donate if possible.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get it loose?

Thanks,
Mike

Using a pair a channel lock pliers, insert the handles in the drain
and turn counter clockwise. Works for me.

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..