Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Today's question... Duct sealing

I was getting poor airflow to my 2 bedrooms on my top floor.
The heating/cooling blower is 2 stories down in the basement.
I sealed up every horizontal duct seam I could get to in my basement and it
really did help the airflow upstairs. I found I was losing alot of air in
the basement ducts before it even got moving along the way to all the
registers in the house.

Anyway,
should I seal all the returns as well?
Would this make my airflow even better?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Logically it would make your air cleaner because it would force the air to
go thru your return filter but I don't believe it would affect air flow.

"Postal68" wrote in message
. ..
I was getting poor airflow to my 2 bedrooms on my top floor.
The heating/cooling blower is 2 stories down in the basement.
I sealed up every horizontal duct seam I could get to in my basement and
it really did help the airflow upstairs. I found I was losing alot of air
in the basement ducts before it even got moving along the way to all the
registers in the house.

Anyway,
should I seal all the returns as well?
Would this make my airflow even better?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Postal68" wrote in message
. ..
I was getting poor airflow to my 2 bedrooms on my top floor.
The heating/cooling blower is 2 stories down in the basement.
I sealed up every horizontal duct seam I could get to in my basement and
it really did help the airflow upstairs. I found I was losing alot of air
in the basement ducts before it even got moving along the way to all the
registers in the house.

Anyway,
should I seal all the returns as well?
Would this make my airflow even better?

I was up in my attic running some CAT5 cable. It was frightening up there.
I really need to buy a couple of rolls of the good tape and do what it takes
to crawl around up there and make it right.

Steve