DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Today's question... Duct sealing (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/199476-todays-question-duct-sealing.html)

Postal68 May 1st 07 06:20 PM

Today's question... Duct sealing

I was getting poor airflow to my 2 bedrooms on my top floor.
The heating/cooling blower is 2 stories down in the basement.
I sealed up every horizontal duct seam I could get to in my basement and it
really did help the airflow upstairs. I found I was losing alot of air in
the basement ducts before it even got moving along the way to all the
registers in the house.

Anyway,
should I seal all the returns as well?
Would this make my airflow even better?

Art May 1st 07 07:13 PM

Today's question... Duct sealing

Logically it would make your air cleaner because it would force the air to
go thru your return filter but I don't believe it would affect air flow.

. ..

Steve B May 1st 07 08:53 PM

Today's question... Duct sealing

"Postal68" wrote in message
. ..
I was getting poor airflow to my 2 bedrooms on my top floor.
The heating/cooling blower is 2 stories down in the basement.
I sealed up every horizontal duct seam I could get to in my basement and
it really did help the airflow upstairs. I found I was losing alot of air
in the basement ducts before it even got moving along the way to all the
registers in the house.

Anyway,
should I seal all the returns as well?
Would this make my airflow even better?

I was up in my attic running some CAT5 cable. It was frightening up there.
I really need to buy a couple of rolls of the good tape and do what it takes
to crawl around up there and make it right.

Steve