Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wands too long on pressure washers?

Why are the wands so long on pressure washers? My new dewalt has a 4'
long want, so that when I wash the deck I've got my right arm up in
the air above my head pulling the trigger, while my left arm is down
near the end directing the spray. I haven't seen shorter versions in
the shops, although I may have missed them - is this a safety issue?
Everyone like this possition in prolonged washing sessions?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why are the wands so long on pressure washers? My new dewalt has a 4'
long want, so that when I wash the deck I've got my right arm up in
the air above my head pulling the trigger, while my left arm is down
near the end directing the spray. I haven't seen shorter versions in
the shops, although I may have missed them - is this a safety issue?
Everyone like this possition in prolonged washing sessions?

Huh? I just use one hand and direct the spray by holding the wand. We use
one here at work and everyone uses it that way. I cannot imagine how
awkward it is to use two hands if I'm reading your description right. You
have one hand at each end of the wand?.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 1, 11:49 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"dean" wrote in message

ups.com...

Why are the wands so long on pressure washers? My new dewalt has a 4'
long want, so that when I wash the deck I've got my right arm up in
the air above my head pulling the trigger, while my left arm is down
near the end directing the spray. I haven't seen shorter versions in
the shops, although I may have missed them - is this a safety issue?
Everyone like this possition in prolonged washing sessions?

Huh? I just use one hand and direct the spray by holding the wand. We use
one here at work and everyone uses it that way. I cannot imagine how
awkward it is to use two hands if I'm reading your description right. You
have one hand at each end of the wand?.

The wand has the nozzle on one end and the trigger on the other. How
can you only hold it by the trigger - it would move all over the place
by the reactive force of the jet?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1 May 2007 09:01:33 -0700, dean wrote:

The wand has the nozzle on one end and the trigger on the other. How
can you only hold it by the trigger - it would move all over the place
by the reactive force of the jet?

The wand is long to keep the user from aiming it at himself. Depending
upon the pressure of your particular power washer, it might be able to
cause real damage.

Ryan
Posted to alt.home.repair

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why are the wands so long on pressure washers? My new dewalt has a 4'
long want, so that when I wash the deck I've got my right arm up in
the air above my head pulling the trigger, while my left arm is down
near the end directing the spray. I haven't seen shorter versions in
the shops, although I may have missed them - is this a safety issue?
Everyone like this possition in prolonged washing sessions?

How far away are you keeping the nozzle from the surface you are power
washing? I think normal is 4" - 12" to get the best effect. Further away
and you lose much of the power.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dean" wrote in message

The wand has the nozzle on one end and the trigger on the other. How
can you only hold it by the trigger - it would move all over the place
by the reactive force of the jet?

Even my 9 year old grandson has done it.

Take a look at the guy in the photos on this page. He is comfortably using
two hands.
http://www.landa.com/apps_upscaleHomes.aspx

Pressure washers Rich Home Repair 5 February 26th 07 01:07 PM
Pressure washers TonyK UK diy 2 October 25th 06 10:53 AM
Pressure washers eddie UK diy 5 December 15th 04 01:07 AM
pressure washers Habbi Metalworking 3 August 5th 03 03:51 PM