Posted to alt.home.repair

Default black ants

how do I get rid of black ants in the house,occasionally I find a black ant
around the kitchen sink,this just started this year,never had that before.I
probably killed about 10 ants in the last couple of weeks,suggestion would
be appreciated,Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

"tony pac" wrote in message
how do I get rid of black ants in the house,occasionally I find a black
ant around the kitchen sink,this just started this year,never had that
before.I probably killed about 10 ants in the last couple of
weeks,suggestion would be appreciated,Thanks

They're probably grease ants or the like. Best solution is to clean up the
kitchen and figure out where they're coming in from. Once they no longer
have an interest in your house, they'll go back to the wild where they came
from. Might be attracted to the stove, drain on the sink, or spilled food
on the counter.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

tony pac wrote:
how do I get rid of black ants in the house,occasionally I find a black
ant around the kitchen sink,this just started this year,never had that
before.I probably killed about 10 ants in the last couple of
weeks,suggestion would be appreciated,Thanks

It can depend on the species of ant they actually are, but Terro is
general all around house ant aid...in the Dallas area I am finding
Odorous House Ants, a small dark ant, at almost every home I go to, they
are crazy this year. When "mushed" they have a definite odor to them.
These ants do not live in the dirt like other ants but are nomads
constantly on the move. They will be found in moist areas such as
mulch, cluttered gutters, under leaf matter beneath the hedges, etc.
Keeping the area clean of such moist hot spots will help future invasions.

Lar
Posted to alt.home.repair

Spray the foundation perimeter inside and out with Ortho Home Defense.
I've had good luck with it and we have a ton of ants here in our wooded
lot. You could also invest in an Anteater or Aardvark.

is it hard to potty train them?

Posted to alt.home.repair

log onto www.gardensalive.com and buy liquid ant bait. Use as
directed.

I did, about eight or nine years ago, and havn't seen an ant
since then.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"tony pac" wrote in message
: how do I get rid of black ants in the house,occasionally I find
a black ant
: around the kitchen sink,this just started this year,never had
that before.I
: probably killed about 10 ants in the last couple of
weeks,suggestion would
: be appreciated,Thanks
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:33:59 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

lot. You could also invest in an Anteater or Aardvark.

Nah. I can't help you with this one.:-)
Although I really have eaten ants in the past. Delicious, very citrussy.

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
Posted to alt.home.repair

I thought they tasted like chicken?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Aardvark" wrote in message
: On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:33:59 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:
:
:
: lot. You could also invest in an Anteater or Aardvark.
:
:
:
: Nah. I can't help you with this one.:-)
: Although I really have eaten ants in the past. Delicious, very
citrussy.
:
: --
: Registered Linux User 413057.
: Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
: You can have it all. My empire of hurt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 01 May 2007 22:10:00 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I thought they tasted like chicken?

Lemon chicken? That's citrussy :-)

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
You can have it all. My empire of hurt.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 22:22:58 -0500, "tony pac"
wrote:

how do I get rid of black ants in the house,occasionally I find a black ant
around the kitchen sink,this just started this year,never had that before.I
probably killed about 10 ants in the last couple of weeks,suggestion would
be appreciated,Thanks

I've found that taking a minute or two to clean up prevents ant
invasions. I usually get a scout or two, but if they find any food, I
get whole mess of them. My toddler use to leave a bunch of crumbs and
some how the ants zeroed into them, so I had to vacuum each night.

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Posted to alt.home.repair

how do I get rid of black ants in the house,occasionally I find a
black ant around the kitchen sink,this just started this
year,never had that before.I probably killed about 10 ants in the
last couple of weeks,suggestion would be appreciated,Thanks

I've found that taking a minute or two to clean up prevents ant
invasions. I usually get a scout or two, but if they find any
food, I get whole mess of them. My toddler use to leave a bunch
of crumbs and some how the ants zeroed into them, so I had to
vacuum each night.

For the invasions, I used *Fantastic* spray soap, specially in the
kitchen etc where I don't want to use poisons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05 May 2007 01:43:50 GMT, Bert Byfield
wrote:

how do I get rid of black ants in the house,occasionally I find a
black ant around the kitchen sink,this just started this
year,never had that before.I probably killed about 10 ants in the
last couple of weeks,suggestion would be appreciated,Thanks

I've found that taking a minute or two to clean up prevents ant
invasions. I usually get a scout or two, but if they find any
food, I get whole mess of them. My toddler use to leave a bunch
of crumbs and some how the ants zeroed into them, so I had to
vacuum each night.

For the invasions, I used *Fantastic* spray soap, specially in the
kitchen etc where I don't want to use poisons.

I'm guessing this removes the ants and what attracted them.

tom @ www.Japanese-Beetles.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've found that taking a minute or two to clean up prevents ant
invasions. I usually get a scout or two, but if they find any
food, I get whole mess of them. My toddler use to leave a bunch
of crumbs and some how the ants zeroed into them, so I had to
vacuum each night.

For the invasions, I used *Fantastic* spray soap, specially in the
kitchen etc where I don't want to use poisons.

I'm guessing this removes the ants and what attracted them.

Yes, the cleanup helps, but strong soap like this kills all the ants
almost on contact, too.

big black ants jay Home Ownership 8 February 27th 13 06:05 PM
Black Ants davej Home Repair 6 June 11th 06 07:30 PM
Black ants - How to get rid of them 46erjoe Home Repair 16 May 16th 06 03:32 PM
big black ants jay Home Repair 10 May 6th 05 03:24 PM
little black ants allan Home Repair 13 April 13th 05 02:47 AM