Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sound proofing

Long story short, I have only a few days to get these answers and do
the work. I'm having my basement finished and I'd like to lessen the
sound transferring
1) through the HVAC ducts
2) From the floor above through to the basement (vinyl and wood floor
above)
3) From a PVC drain pipe
4) From a room with all my mechanicals (heater etc) to the finished
area

I know I've seen a very dense foam that could be installed between the
joists but I haven't been able to find it. Any other suggestions. I
live in SE MI if that matters. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I know I've seen a very dense foam that could be installed between the
joists but I haven't been able to find it. Any other suggestions. I
live in SE MI if that matters. Thanks.

Like this?............

http://www.soundproofing.org/infopag...ural_fiber.htm

and this?........

http://www.soundproofing.org/cgi-bin/cart.pl?

etc etc......seems as if this site would have just about everything
you would need.

Sound proofing. Matthew UK diy 14 March 31st 06 12:43 PM
blown cellulose for sound proofing ashroyer Home Repair 4 March 1st 06 02:49 PM
Sound proofing for floors? Matthew UK diy 8 January 10th 06 11:08 AM
sound proofing Gerald Lamb Home Repair 4 January 1st 05 12:59 AM
Sound proofing wall Ash1 UK diy 9 July 23rd 03 01:32 AM