Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing Stale Gas Odor from Hands

I was just working on a small engine with stale gas. I came in the
house and that is all I smell, and that smell is horid. I washed my
hands with Goop, Lemon dish detergent, and even straight bleach. I
still cant get rid of that odor.

Any suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 17, 8:20 pm, wrote:
I was just working on a small engine with stale gas. I came in the
house and that is all I smell, and that smell is horid. I washed my
hands with Goop, Lemon dish detergent, and even straight bleach. I
still cant get rid of that odor.

Any suggestions?

Pick up some dog poop and mush it around in your hands, it works
every time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Believe it or not diet cola does a great job of cleaning your hands
and removing most odors.

And because there is no sugar in it your hands will not be sticky.

Try it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 06:03:27 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 07:36:10 -0500, wrote:

The vinegar and baking soda worked pretty good. Thanks.

Just curious why not to use bleach on skin? Swimming pools are loaded
with bleach. I have been putting bleach in bath water all my life. I

Never heard of this.

my parents did it, and they said it was to prevent bacteria on the
skin that causes athletes foot and other similar conditions.

I never had athletes foor for more than a week until I was 52. And I
only had it 3 or 4 times and it went away without any effort on my
part.

About 8 years ago I got it between my little toe on one foot and the
two adjoining toes, and it doesn't go away, and it doesn't spread.

Powder makes it subside, but then it comes back.

Strangely, I got it when I hadn't been to any hotels or locker rooms,
and when I had spent more time without socks than ever before. I
thought being with socks made athlete's foot grow, and without socks
kept your feet dry.

I know this is getting off topic, but are you sure it's athletes foot?
I get a thing called Chillblaines in cold weather. It's the skin
semi-freezes and causes the blood vessels to burst. The itching is
almost unbearable. I thought it was athletes foot, but it took 5
doctors to finally identify the chillblaines. The odd thing is that
when the temperatures are severely cold in mid winter, I rarely get
the red-raised lumps between the toes. It's late fall and early
spring when my feet sweat in rubber boots, then get chilled. This is
a fairly rare, and there is no cure for it. The itching is beyond
bearable. The doctor gives me cortosone cream, which is of little
help. The last few times they gave me an anti-inflamatory medication
which helps somewhat. It lasts about 5 to 8 days and they just go
away. You could have that rather than atheltes foot. Athletes foot
is a fungus, chillblaines is not a fungus or bacteria, it's inside the
toes themselves. You can google some info about it, but there is not
too much online.

I have never had athletes foot, but from what I was told from other
that have had it. it's irritating but tolerable. This chillblaines is
beyond tolerable. The itching is so severe I cant sleep at night.

It never
bothers me. About half cup for a tub of water.

What does this do to the color of your body hair?

Nothing.....

Removing musty odor BZ Home Repair 4 January 28th 07 06:15 PM
Getting rid of stale gas odor The Reverend Natural Light Home Repair 3 August 31st 06 01:36 AM
(OT) - Removing Gasoline Odor? CWLee Home Repair 8 May 31st 05 12:23 PM
Removing cat odor from carpeting Harry Everhart Home Repair 4 April 15th 05 03:59 AM
Gas Oven - Natural Gas Odor [email protected] Home Repair 8 January 9th 05 12:36 AM