Default Gas Oven - Natural Gas Odor

Lately when I use my natural gas oven, there is a strong gas odor for
several hours after I turn off the oven. The repairman replaced the
oven valve but it has not helped. I don't have this problem with the
burners on the stove top. Does anyone have any ideas about what the
problem might be? I am almost to the point of buying a new gas stove,
but I keep thinking it might be a simple problem to fix if I only knew
what the problem is. Thanks!

I have a carbon monoxide detector in the bedroom but not in the
kitchen. A representative from the gas company detected gas with his
meter and he suggested that I replace the oven valve. thanks!

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a carbon monoxide detector in the bedroom but not in the
kitchen. A representative from the gas company detected gas with his
meter and he suggested that I replace the oven valve. thanks!

If that did not fix it, get the gas guy back to do more checking. . It may
be some other cause that gets worse from the heat. Could be something
simple like a connection that leaks a bit when heated.

The repairman already told me that he does not know what else the
problem could be. I am right now trying to decide whether to buy a new
stove or call another repairman. I have had this gas stove for 11
years and have had numerous problems/service calls. It is a Caloric -
piece of junk!

Stormin Mormon

If it really is a natural gas leak (not beef drippings in the pan or
something unrelated) a repair guy should be able to find the leak with a
beeper.

You sound like you'd enjoy a new stove, so maybe treat yourself for
Christmas?

--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank