Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Getting rid of stale gas odor

The Reverend Natural Light wrote:

I like the smell of old gasoline.

I've never understood why women wear perfume that smells like flowers.
I hate flowers. If a woman wanted a scent that got my attention, it'd
be stale gasoline, 90 weight gear oil, carb cleaner, 2-stroke exhaust,
or Crown Royal.

-rev

sick!
Posted to alt.home.repair

I bought a box of hardware, tools, and misc. junk at an auction.
There was a glass jar in the box with stale gas in it. Some leaked
into the box and that is all I can smell now. That odor is obnoxious
at the least. I tossed the cardboard box, and of course that bottle
of gas. However the tools and stuff in the box stinks like that bad
gas. My hands also stink from handling the stuff. It seems like that
odor gets into everything. Even my car stinks now from bringing that
box home. What can I use to kill that odor? The tools and were
washed in dish soap and water, but like my hands, it's still there.
Anyone know a trick to kill this odor?

Mark