Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refurbishing toolshed

Hey, folks. You're talking to a minimally handy fellow, but I'm going
to try!

I have a fairly small toolshed that looks really lousy but is still in
good structural shape. I can tell that the previous owners put a
layer of some kind of 1/4" wood in small panels, and nailed those
panels in with a whole lot of nails. I'm thinking of adding a whole
new layer of wood to that, perhaps something with 1/4" of thickness.
What is the best type of wood for this? I am thinking some type of
soft plywood, but am not sure. Also, if someone reading this is in the
Eastern Mass area and can recommend me a good lumber yard where my
lack of knowledge will not be exploited, I'd be much obliged.

Regards
John

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 17, 7:43 pm, Koons wrote:
Hey, folks. You're talking to a minimally handy fellow, but I'm going
to try!

I have a fairly small toolshed that looks really lousy but is still in
good structural shape. I can tell that the previous owners put a
layer of some kind of 1/4" wood in small panels, and nailed those
panels in with a whole lot of nails. I'm thinking of adding a whole
new layer of wood to that, perhaps something with 1/4" of thickness.
What is the best type of wood for this? I am thinking some type of
soft plywood, but am not sure. Also, if someone reading this is in the
Eastern Mass area and can recommend me a good lumber yard where my
lack of knowledge will not be exploited, I'd be much obliged.

Regards
John

You can buy plywood which is also siding. It is called T-11 for some
reason and is available at most yards, HD for sure. It is not much
more expensive than plywood and gives you finished surface which can
be painted or stained. It may be the least expensive type of siding
there is and is also easy to install. Once you recognize it you will
see it everwhere. Here is a link to give you the idea.

http://www.protek-usa.com/PDF_Files/...0Solutions.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 17 Apr 2007 20:58:44 -0700, Lawrence
wrote:

Not sure if the OP is looking for siding or interior strength/looks.
-snip-
You can buy plywood which is also siding. It is called T-11 for some
reason and is available at most yards, HD for sure.

-snip-

I'd be tempted to use a T1-11 type product in either case-
[pronounced 'Tea one eleven' in these parts] It is a brand name &
there are several knockoffs at most lumberyards.

Jim