Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Refurbishing old bookcases

Hi Everyone.
I recently purchased a four-stack of metal barrister (I am not sure of
what kind) bookcases.
There are currently painted (although the paint has peeled in some
places) and also have removeable metal-rimmed sliding glass doors. What
are my options for refinishing them? Can I polish them to a shine?
Should I strip the paint (how?) and add a new coat (which kind would I
use?)
Thank you very much for your advice.
Ethan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

When sanding what grade of sandpaper should I use? 220? 320?
I have a bosch hand random orbit sander.
Would that be an appropriate tool to use?
Many Thanks

Decent flatpack bookcases. chris French UK diy 14 May 18th 05 07:45 PM
custom bookcases iradi8 Home Repair 29 January 25th 05 02:47 AM
Where to get materials for building a set of tall bookcases text.news.ntlworld.com UK diy 2 November 29th 04 08:14 PM
Building 50 bookcases. Have certain requirements for the plans. S. Dees Woodworking 50 November 23rd 04 02:39 PM
Xtra tall bookcases - how? patrick conroy Woodworking 20 July 12th 04 04:46 PM