Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Refurbishing old hand tools - follow up

I recently asked about whether old hand tools should be refurbished, and if so, using which techniques.
Electrolytic rust removal was suggested, and it works great.
15 minutes research on Google, 30 minutes for my boy and me to construct the apparatus (he's a young teenager and actually had fun doing it!), and we had some test pieces cleaned in 30 minutes.
Now, on to the real stuff.
Thanks Group.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

I recently asked about whether old hand tools should be refurbished, and if
so, using which techniques.
Electrolytic rust removal was suggested, and it works great.
15 minutes research on Google, 30 minutes for my boy and me to construct
the apparatus (he's a young teenager and actually had fun doing it!), and
we had some test pieces cleaned in 30 minutes.
Now, on to the real stuff.
Thanks Group.

DAGS on "electrolytic rust removal". Got 122000 hits.
j4
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www3.telus.net/public/aschoep...lyticrust.html