Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stamped Concrete Patio - Sealing

I live in the Rocky Mountain Region with a west facing stamped
concrete patio. I would like to seal it both for appearance and
longevity of the patio. Last yeat I tried a Quickcrete high gloss
product. It looked great for about 2 weeks before the sun absolutely
ate it. Does anyone have any suggestions on a product that I could
use to both protect and restore the finish?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 16, 11:58 am, "baysidejay" wrote:
I live in the Rocky Mountain Region with a west facing stamped
concrete patio. I would like to seal it both for appearance and
longevity of the patio. Last yeat I tried a Quickcrete high gloss
product. It looked great for about 2 weeks before the sun absolutely
ate it. Does anyone have any suggestions on a product that I could
use to both protect and restore the finish?

Yes, you want a product called Kure N Seal. It's an organic solvent
based
product that produces a high gloss finish. You can apply it with a
roller or
spray it on. This stuff is tough and lasts, unlike the acrylic water
based
products. It's available at online places that sell stamped concrete
products,
which is where I got mine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 16, 1:11 pm, wrote:
On Apr 16, 11:58 am, "baysidejay" wrote:

I live in the Rocky Mountain Region with a west facingstamped
concretepatio. I would like to seal it both for appearance and
longevity of the patio. Last yeat I tried a Quickcrete high gloss
product. It looked great for about 2 weeks before the sun absolutely
ate it. Does anyone have any suggestions on a product that I could
use to both protect and restore the finish?

Yes, you want a product called Kure N Seal. It's an organic solvent
based
product that produces a high gloss finish. You can apply it with a
roller or
spray it on. This stuff is tough and lasts, unlike the acrylic water
based
products. It's available at online places that sellstampedconcrete
products,
which is where I got mine.

It sounds like this is what I want. Though I have not found a source
to purchase yet, I see plain old Kure N Seal, Kure N Seal 25 and Kure
N Seal 30. Which do you recommend? Thanks for your help!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 16, 3:12 pm, "baysidejay" wrote:
On Apr 16, 1:11 pm, wrote:

[...]

N Seal 30. Which do you recommend? Thanks for your help!- Hide quoted text -

I got the 30. Don't know if it's worth it, but it wasn;t much more
expensive, at least
not when you consider the prep work and labor involved. I paid around
$140 for 5 gal.
I got it online at a supply house in OK. You can't buy it here in NJ
or some other states
because of the VOC environmental issues.