Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Therrnostat Problem

I've got a White Rodgers thermostat (catalog # 1F80 261B) which
contols the A/C in summer and the comfort heat in the winter. For no
reason the temperature which I set turns on the A/C for one cooling
cycle and then resets itself to the default temperature at 85
degrees.
Any wizard out there have any thoughts on this puzzler.
Thanks,
Joe G

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6 Apr 2007 13:08:13 -0700, "GROVER"
wrote:

I've got a White Rodgers thermostat (catalog # 1F80 261B) which
contols the A/C in summer and the comfort heat in the winter. For no
reason the temperature which I set turns on the A/C for one cooling
cycle and then resets itself to the default temperature at 85
degrees.
Any wizard out there have any thoughts on this puzzler.
Thanks,
Joe G

Not familiar with your brand. If I manually adjust the temp on mine it
will reset to default; unless, I press the HOLD button. YMMV.

Maybe the instructions will explain away to adjust the default values
in your stat.

--
Oren

excused from saving Universes."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I've got a White Rodgers thermostat (catalog # 1F80 261B) which
contols the A/C in summer and the comfort heat in the winter. For no
reason the temperature which I set turns on the A/C for one cooling
cycle and then resets itself to the default temperature at 85
degrees.
Any wizard out there have any thoughts on this puzzler.
Thanks,
Joe G

Not familiar with your brand. If I manually adjust the temp on mine it
will reset to default; unless, I press the HOLD button. YMMV.

Maybe the instructions will explain away to adjust the default values
in your stat.

--
Oren

excused from saving Universes."

Thanks Oren,
I did try that, but I'll try it again.
JoeG

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com, on 6
Apr 2007 13:08:13 -0700, GROVER wrote:

I've got a White Rodgers thermostat (catalog # 1F80 261B) which
contols the A/C in summer and the comfort heat in the winter. For no
reason the temperature which I set turns on the A/C for one cooling
cycle and then resets itself to the default temperature at 85
degrees.
Any wizard out there have any thoughts on this puzzler.
Thanks,
Joe G

First off, you did try fresh batteries, right?

I'm sure you did, so my next suggestion is to try doing a full reset of
the thermostat, back to factory defaults. It's usually done in a not so
obvious way, so you'll probably need to dig out your instruction manual.
(If you've lost it, you can usually find the instruction manuals online
at the WR site, www.white-rodgers.com .)

If a full reset doesn't fix it, it's probably going to need to be
replaced.

--
Seth Goodman
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 6, 5:41 pm, Seth Goodman wrote:
In article .com, on 6
[...]

Thanks Seth,
I will download the instructions and give it atry.
Joe G

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 6, 4:08 pm, "GROVER" wrote:
I've got a White Rodgers thermostat (catalog # 1F80 261B) which
contols the A/C in summer and the comfort heat in the winter. For no
reason the temperature which I set turns on the A/C for one cooling
cycle and then resets itself to the default temperature at 85
degrees.
Any wizard out there have any thoughts on this puzzler.
Thanks,
Joe G

http://www.arpis.com/residential/docs/1F80.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 7, 5:35 am, "buffalobill" wrote:
On Apr 6, 4:08 pm, "GROVER" wrote:

I've got a White Rodgers thermostat (catalog # 1F80 261B) which
contols the A/C in summer and the comfort heat in the winter. For no
reason the temperature which I set turns on the A/C for one cooling
cycle and then resets itself to the default temperature at 85
degrees.
Any wizard out there have any thoughts on this puzzler.
Thanks,
Joe G

http://www.arpis.com/residential/docs/1F80.pdf

Thanks to all posters. I'm still working on the problem but with new
optimism.
Joe G