Posted to alt.home.repair

Default heating system question

I just bought a condo, and I noticed the heating system for the condo
does not generate
a lot of heat. Therefore the condo is not very warm. Does anyone
know some of the causes
behind this.
Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 6, 2:51 pm, wrote:
I just bought a condo, and I noticed the heating system for the condo
does not generate
a lot of heat. Therefore the condo is not very warm. Does anyone
know some of the causes
behind this.
Thanks

What kind of heating system you have? Hot air? Electric?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6 Apr 2007 12:02:12 -0700, "Mikepier"
wrote:

On Apr 6, 2:51 pm, wrote:
I just bought a condo, and I noticed the heating system for the condo
does not generate
a lot of heat. Therefore the condo is not very warm. Does anyone
know some of the causes
behind this.
Thanks

What kind of heating system you have? Hot air? Electric?

Since we've apparently decided to take this post seriously,
I'd like to point out that, within normal limits,
the amount of heat a system puts out affect how LONG it takes
to get warm, not how warm it gets eventually. If the living space is
cold, turn the thermostat up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Buddy;
You need to be specific on what type of system. In any case
since its a condo, dont you pay a monthly fee? Does it cover the
HVAC system???

Tom

On Apr 6, 2:51 pm, wrote:
I just bought a condo, and I noticed the heating system for the condo
does not generate
a lot of heat. Therefore the condo is not very warm. Does anyone
know some of the causes
behind this.
Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

I just bought a condo, and I noticed the heating system for the condo
does not generate
a lot of heat. Therefore the condo is not very warm. Does anyone
know some of the causes
behind this.

You can ask the seller to fix it. As a new owner, you have certain rights
.... exercise them!

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 16:27:40 -0400, Jeff Wisnia

I just bought a condo, and I noticed the heating system for the condo
does not generate
a lot of heat. Therefore the condo is not very warm. Does anyone
know some of the causes
behind this.

Turn up the thermostat.

Thanks

Another excellent example of the dumbing down of our nation's public
school education system.

Why do people always blame the schools?

Especially when it comes to teaching students how to write a question
with enough information included to elicit some useful answers.

Isn't that something one should maybe know instinctively, or at least
learn from watching others? When someone gets a question without
enough information, doesn't he realize he needs to put info in his own
questions?

Jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:
On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 16:27:40 -0400, Jeff Wisnia

I just bought a condo, and I noticed the heating system for the condo
does not generate
a lot of heat. Therefore the condo is not very warm. Does anyone
know some of the causes
behind this.

Turn up the thermostat.

Thanks

Another excellent example of the dumbing down of our nation's public
school education system.

Why do people always blame the schools?

Because a major portion of our local property taxes pays for that public
schooling, from around $3k to over $10K per year per student depending
on location, and in a lot of places the overiding theme seems to be
"Keep moving them up through the grades, whether or not they learned
what they should, just so we can get them out of the system and keep the
costs in check."

Sure, some parents aren't doing all they could either to teach their
kids to value education and whack em verbally if they screw up in
school, but those parents aren't as easy a target for me to aim at. G

Especially when it comes to teaching students how to write a question
with enough information included to elicit some useful answers.

Isn't that something one should maybe know instinctively, or at least
learn from watching others? When someone gets a question without
enough information, doesn't he realize he needs to put info in his own
questions?

(You got a point there Judge.)*

Maybe the OP is just a slow learner then....

But to be charitable, maybe he/she is one of those folks, like my dear
wife, who knows near zero about thermodynamics and the mechanics of
heating systems. That's frequently exemplified by their quite common
misconception that the place will get warmer "faster" if they push the
thermostat setpoint up as far as it can go, maybe to 90 degrees. And
then they forget that they did that until the candles start drooping
over.G

Jeff

* From The Kingston Trio's "Bad Man's Blunder"
http://www.lyricsvault.net/songs/22877.html

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)