msterspy

Default Asbestos Question Again; Would Like New Heating System

I have a house with an old coal converted boiler with asbestos on it.
I would like to get a new heating system but I'd rather not disturb
the asbestos. Is it okay to just put the new system beside the old and
disconnect the old. I realize that eventually the asbestos has to go
but I'd rather put that off until the tiem when I decide to I sell the
house.
Joseph Meehan

msterspy wrote:
I have a house with an old coal converted boiler with asbestos on it.
I would like to get a new heating system but I'd rather not disturb
the asbestos. Is it okay to just put the new system beside the old and
disconnect the old. I realize that eventually the asbestos has to go
but I'd rather put that off until the tiem when I decide to I sell the
house.

That would depend on local codes, available space etc. Frankly I would
want to get it out now. It is likely to become more and more expensive as
time goes on.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Gas Central Heating question p UK diy 4 November 7th 04 09:38 PM
hot water heating system pressure question Rsrtgsprngs Home Repair 6 November 3rd 04 03:35 AM
Old "Electric" House, wanting new heating system bschott Home Repair 7 October 29th 04 04:30 AM
heating ducts asbestos questions -- need advices T.T. Home Repair 8 April 2nd 04 07:47 AM
Draining a closed central heating system Jay and mike 1 UK diy 4 October 4th 03 04:33 AM