Jay and mike 1

Default Draining a closed central heating system

I have a Vaillant TCW Sine T3W combi-boiler connected to a closed heating
system. I have removed the radiator at the end of the system in order to
reposition it.
I am trying to drain the system via a stop valve which is located below the
boiler (the boiler is housed in an upstairs room) but no water is coming from
the valve when it is opened.
Can anyone offer any advice as to how I can drain the system?
Many thanks
Christian McArdle

If that produces no flow it could be that the drain valve isn't actually
opening ...

Especially if nothing came out at all. The system should have been
pressurised and there is all that water in the expansion vessel that should
come out before any air is required.

Christian.

John Stumbles

"Jay and mike 1" wrote in message
I have a Vaillant TCW Sine T3W combi-boiler connected to a closed heating
system. I have removed the radiator at the end of the system in order to
reposition it.
I am trying to drain the system via a stop valve which is located below

the
boiler (the boiler is housed in an upstairs room) but no water is coming

from
the valve when it is opened.
Can anyone offer any advice as to how I can drain the system?
Many thanks

Others have suggested how, may I suggest: why?

You say you want to reposition a rad: if you're going to solder-joint new
pipework you probably do need to drain the system, but if you're using
compression or push-fit you just want to get the water out of the parts of
the system you're working on. You could drain pipework into paint trays or
cat-litter trays or other suitable containers, or if you have a wet & dray
vac that's good for sucking away water as it comes out of pipework, even as
you're cutting it.

--
John Stumbles