Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher problem

Hi,

Hi have a Kenmore (what I thought was a high end dishwasher), Paid
1100.00CA$ for it.

It's about two years old, and the bottom rack's dishes are allways squiky
clean, but the top one, there is allways residue that are dried on it (I
allways use air dry).

I checked to see if the top sprayer was clogged and it's not, could the
problem be the pump... since the bottom looks to work OK.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On Apr 4, 9:04 am, "Yves"
wrote:
...have a Kenmore (what I thought was a high end dishwasher), ...

It's about two years old, and the bottom rack's dishes are allways squiky
clean, but the top one, there is allways residue that are dried on it (I
allways use air dry).

I checked to see if the top sprayer was clogged and it's not, could the
problem be the pump... since the bottom looks to work OK.

"Always" is spelled w/ only one "L", btw...

The correlation between dishwasher performance and initial cost isn't
very strong. As much as I disagree w/ many of Consumers' Reports
analyses of products, their basic testing of dishwasher performance is
pretty worthwhile looking at. Perhaps your model is in one of their
rankings and you might find out if this is a generic problem that way.

I fail to follow the logic in the suggestion of detergent type having
to do w/ residue remaining from a incomplete rinse as I interpret the
symptoms you describe. If it were not cleaning, that might have some
effect, but if it is that there is residue carried over and not
rinsed, that's not going to be affected imo.

You might try a better pre-rinse and see what difference that makes --
less residue to start with means less has to be taken out...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Yves" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

Hi have a Kenmore (what I thought was a high end dishwasher), Paid
1100.00CA$ for it.

It's about two years old, and the bottom rack's dishes are allways squiky
clean, but the top one, there is allways residue that are dried on it (I
allways use air dry).

I checked to see if the top sprayer was clogged and it's not, could the
problem be the pump... since the bottom looks to work OK.

Thanks.

How did you determine that the top sprayer was not clogged, even partially?

Posted to alt.home.repair
PK PK is offline

"Yves" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

Hi have a Kenmore (what I thought was a high end dishwasher), Paid
1100.00CA$ for it.

It's about two years old, and the bottom rack's dishes are allways squiky
clean, but the top one, there is allways residue that are dried on it (I
allways use air dry).

I checked to see if the top sprayer was clogged and it's not, could the
problem be the pump... since the bottom looks to work OK.

Thanks.

Does the top rack have a sprayer above and another attached below it?

Check the seal at the back where the pipe on the rack meets the hole. Make
sure to push the top rack all the way back and don't rely on the door to
push it in.

Check the coverage - Place a glass upwards in the middle and corners of the
top rack and the bottom rack and check how they are filling just after the
start of the wash cycle. I assume if you open the door quickly the entire
washer is dripping with water all around the top?

If you still suspect the top rack sprayer then take out the rack and connect
a garden hose - you might find it sticks or there's some food in there or
something.

It might be just the way you're stacking your glasses and flatware - I
assume you have mostly glasses on top and not bowls encrusted with oatmeal
;-) ?

PK

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 4, 10:04 am, "Yves"
wrote:
Hi,

Hi have a Kenmore (what I thought was a high end dishwasher), Paid
1100.00CA$ for it.

It's about two years old, and the bottom rack's dishes are allways squiky
clean, but the top one, there is allways residue that are dried on it (I
allways use air dry).

I checked to see if the top sprayer was clogged and it's not, could the
problem be the pump... since the bottom looks to work OK.

Thanks.

A little splash of white vinegar in the bottom of the unit before each
wash does wonders.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Yves" wrote
Hi,

Hi have a Kenmore (what I thought was a high end dishwasher), Paid
1100.00CA$ for it.

It's about two years old, and the bottom rack's dishes are allways squiky
clean, but the top one, there is allways residue that are dried on it (I
allways use air dry).

I checked to see if the top sprayer was clogged and it's not, could the
problem be the pump... since the bottom looks to work OK.

==
I had this problem on my high end Bosch--When I took the upper arm assembly
out to clean it, I discovered
a crack in the plastic flow tower all along one side seam. This is the
plastic piece that runs up the back of the
DW and carries water to the top spray arm/rack. Yeah, you'd think they could
use better plastic
in these $1000.+ things, eh? As it turns out, Bosch (or whomever makes Bosch
now) is making some of the Kenmore high end DWs
and they do have a model with the same plastic tower in it. Does this look
like your dishwasher?
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3844u3

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Yves" wrote in
:

Hi,

Hi have a Kenmore (what I thought was a high end dishwasher), Paid
1100.00CA$ for it.

It's about two years old, and the bottom rack's dishes are allways
squiky clean, but the top one, there is allways residue that are dried
on it (I allways use air dry).

I checked to see if the top sprayer was clogged and it's not, could
the problem be the pump... since the bottom looks to work OK.

Thanks.

1100CA (950US) for a dishwasher?!!!!! Unless it clears the table, washes
them then puts them away, that's insane. Those are a LOT more expensive
though...a lot :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Yves" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

Hi have a Kenmore (what I thought was a high end dishwasher), Paid
1100.00CA$ for it.

It's about two years old, and the bottom rack's dishes are allways squiky
clean, but the top one, there is allways residue that are dried on it (I
allways use air dry).

I checked to see if the top sprayer was clogged and it's not, could the
problem be the pump... since the bottom looks to work OK.

Thanks.

How did you determine that the top sprayer was not clogged, even
partially?

Exactly my question since it sure sounds like that is the problem

Posted to alt.home.repair

No,

Not exactly.

"Gini" a écrit dans le message de news:
tsWQh.5543$5x6.4590@trndny02...

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

This is why I asked the Sears salesman if I could buy the dishwasher on the
floor that had the clear plastic front. That why when something broke
inside you could see what it was.

. ..

Dishwasher problem phil UK diy 0 September 10th 06 10:48 AM
dishwasher problem [email protected] UK diy 3 May 28th 05 03:01 PM
Dishwasher problem John Kelly UK diy 17 March 23rd 05 05:41 PM
dishwasher problem john Smith Home Repair 0 December 13th 04 08:03 PM
dishwasher problem Alan Home Repair 11 August 23rd 04 12:02 PM