Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Dishwasher problem

On Apr 4, 9:04 am, "Yves"
wrote:
...have a Kenmore (what I thought was a high end dishwasher), ...

It's about two years old, and the bottom rack's dishes are allways squiky
clean, but the top one, there is allways residue that are dried on it (I
allways use air dry).

I checked to see if the top sprayer was clogged and it's not, could the
problem be the pump... since the bottom looks to work OK.

"Always" is spelled w/ only one "L", btw...

The correlation between dishwasher performance and initial cost isn't
very strong. As much as I disagree w/ many of Consumers' Reports
analyses of products, their basic testing of dishwasher performance is
pretty worthwhile looking at. Perhaps your model is in one of their
rankings and you might find out if this is a generic problem that way.

I fail to follow the logic in the suggestion of detergent type having
to do w/ residue remaining from a incomplete rinse as I interpret the
symptoms you describe. If it were not cleaning, that might have some
effect, but if it is that there is residue carried over and not
rinsed, that's not going to be affected imo.

You might try a better pre-rinse and see what difference that makes --
less residue to start with means less has to be taken out...