Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cement block wall question - curves

Hi,
I have a small project were I'll be building a 4 ft non-loadbearing
wall. Construction will be mortered cement block covered in stucco.
The wall will have some curves.

Does anyone know what the tightest curve I can make using an 8x8x16
block and still get a smooth rounded finish look? Is it feasable to
transition to 8x8x8 block for the curve to get a tighter/smoother
curve?

Thanks much for the help. Bruce

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 2, 4:17?pm, wrote:
Hi,
I have a small project were I'll be building a 4 ft non-loadbearing
wall. Construction will be mortered cement block covered in stucco.
The wall will have some curves.

Does anyone know what the tightest curve I can make using an 8x8x16
block and still get a smooth rounded finish look? Is it feasable to
transition to 8x8x8 block for the curve to get a tighter/smoother
curve?

Thanks much for the help. Bruce

If your building a retaining wall KNOW in advance it WILL FAIL..

Your better off with a slope and ground cover!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I have a small project were I'll be building a 4 ft non-loadbearing
wall. Construction will be mortered cement block covered in stucco.
The wall will have some curves.

Does anyone know what the tightest curve I can make using an 8x8x16
block and still get a smooth rounded finish look? Is it feasable to
transition to 8x8x8 block for the curve to get a tighter/smoother
curve?

Thanks much for the help. Bruce

If you really want to use the block, the thickness of the wall increases as
it curves. cut out some 8X16 sheets of cardboard and you will see by how
much.

If you are not stuck on the idea of using pre fab blocks, you can probably
make your wall any shape you want by building curved forms. This can be the
whole wall or segments of the wall.

Since your intention is to stucco the whole thing any way you could use pre
fab blocks for the straight sections and make your own blocks that were
curved for the curved sections. This would allow you to make almost any
radius you wanted and keep the same cross section.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.