Posted to alt.home.repair
PVR PVR is offline

Default Metric Forstner bits.

I need some Forstner bits in metric sizes (6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 18mm, 25mm etc. I
have tried the local Lowes and HD without success. Any ideas where I can
shop for these?

Many thanks,

Peter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:11:42 -0400, "PVR"
wrote:

I need some Forstner bits in metric sizes (6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 18mm, 25mm etc. I
have tried the local Lowes and HD without success. Any ideas where I can
shop for these?

Many thanks,

Peter.

Try the Internet.
--
Oren

excused from saving Universes."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I need some Forstner bits in metric sizes (6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 18mm, 25mm etc. I
have tried the local Lowes and HD without success. Any ideas where I can
shop for these?

Many thanks,

Peter.

www.leevalley.com

You're unlikely to find metric bits locally in the states.

HTH,

Paul

Posted to alt.home.repair

PVR wrote:
I need some Forstner bits in metric sizes (6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 18mm, 25mm etc. I
have tried the local Lowes and HD without success. Any ideas where I can
shop for these?

Many thanks,

Peter.

If you are fortunate enough to have a Woodcraft store in your area they
should have a variety of metric forstner bits, even though it might be a
bit limited. Or you can simply find an online supplier -- a search for
"metric forstner" in Google (without the quotes of course) turns up
dozens of suppliers. But I can heartily second Paul Franklin's
recommendation of Lee Valley -- they are a great source for almost
anything in the way of woodworking tools.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

On Mar 30, 6:37 pm, John McGaw wrote:
PVR wrote:
I need some Forstner bits in metric sizes (6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 18mm, 25mm etc. I
have tried the local Lowes and HD without success. Any ideas where I can
shop for these?

Many thanks,

Peter.

I purchased my set at the woodworkers show.
Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair

PVR wrote:
I need some Forstner bits in metric sizes (6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 18mm, 25mm etc. I
have tried the local Lowes and HD without success. Any ideas where I can
shop for these?

Many thanks,

Peter.

I purchased my set at the woodworkers show.

Which one?
--
Oren

"equal opportunity, not equal results"

Forstner Bits P.Thorsted Woodworking 6 October 19th 06 06:19 AM
Forstner bits. Robatoy Woodworking 22 October 12th 06 01:55 PM
What's up with LV forstner bits? [email protected] Woodworking 23 November 26th 05 09:14 PM
Forstner bits Roy Woodworking 4 September 26th 04 08:48 PM
Forstner bits... Ted Woodturning 10 December 13th 03 02:07 PM